Retail Box and Bundle
The retail box for the Sapphire Radeon HD5750 Vapor-X lists the features that the card comes with and also shows that the video card comes with a key to activate the off-road racing game Colin McRae: DiRT 2. Colin McRae: DiRT 2 is one of the most anticipated racing games of the year and will take full advantage of DirectX 11, adding realism to the racing environment. The game also will have hardware tessellation that is said to improve the appearance of water and other surfaces, as well as crowd animations. Utilizing the EGO Engine, DiRT 2 should raise the bar for PC gaming and is a definite must-have for PC gamers as it will have cars and tracks twice as detailed as those seen in Race Driver: GRID. This is likely a $50 game title, so to have that included in the card's $149.99 purchase price is sweet deal.
Here is a quick reference list of all the features that make this card what it is.
With no shortage of features listed on the back of the box and elsewhere, I think we will take a look inside and see what goodies come with the Sapphire Vapor-X 5750.
- Vapor-X Cooling Technology, under 25dBA operation noise!
- Microsoft DirectX 11 Support
- Shader Model 5.0 Support
- DirectCompute 11
- Programmable hardware tessellation unit
- Accelerated multi-threading
- HDR texture compression
- Order-independent transparency
- ATI Eyefinity Technology(B.C.)
- ATI Stream Technology(A.E.)
- Designed for DirectCompute 5.0 and OpenCL
- Accelerate Video Transcoding
- 40 nm Process Technology
- 1.008 TeraFlops Processing Power
- 720 Stream Processing Units
- Advanced GDDR5 Memory Technology
- 2nd Generation TeraScale Engine
- Microsoft Windows 7 Support(F.)
- ATI CrossFireX Technology(D.)
- Enhanced Anisotropic Filtering
- Accelerated Video Transcoding
- Display Flexibility, Supports DL-DVI, DP, HDMI and D-Sub
- HDMI 1.3
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio Support
- ATI PowerPlay Technology8 â€?Enhanced Support for GDDR5 memory(E.)
- ATI Avivo Technology Enhanced Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD 2)(E.)
- Supports OpenGL 3.2(G.)
- DXVA 1.0 & 2.0 Support
As you can see above you get the usual manual, driver disk, 4pin molex to 6pin Pcie, and a DVI to VGA converter. As an added bonus you also get the soon to be released Colin McRae: DiRT 2.
It is simple to use driver installation disk. The only thing that would be good to have would be an overclocking utility. You will find out later in the article about the Sapphire Vapor-X 5750's overclocking capability. Currently Sapphire only offers an overvolting utility for the HD5970 series. With any luck they have something in the works for all of their cards.