Cooler Master has been making quality cases for years, and of recent has been releasing cases for the gaming community, like the CM Storm and Scout. Some users don’t care for the aggressive design of these cases, but like the features. To fill this niche Cooler Master always had a line of cases with a simple and classy look, yet had similar features to the enthusiast cases. One such case is the CM690. Over the last couple of years since its release in 2007 it has had a few variations, and today we will be looking at the newest incarnation, the CM690 II. The CM690 II will be available in two versions, the Standard (RC-692-KKN3) and Advanced (RC-692-KKN2), and will cost $79 and $99, respectively. Both versions will be almost identical except that the Advanced version will have a VGA card support bracket, SSD adapter, and SATA hard drive dock that the Standard version will not have. Today we will be looking at the CM690 II Advanced.
The CM690 II Advanced has classy looks and all the features that any enthusiast would like to have in a case, like the ability to have two internal 240mm radiators and an external SATA hard drive dock. Let’s take a quick look at the specifications for the CM690 II Advanced before we get too far.
- Color: Black
- Material: Steel body/plastic + mesh bezel
- Dimension (WxHxD): 214.5 x 511.8 x 528.8mm (8.4 x 20.1 x 20.8 inches)
- Net Weight: 9.56kg (21.06lbs)
- Gross Weight: 11.56kg (25.49lbs)
- Motherboard Type: Micro-ATX / ATX
- 5.25" drive bay: 4 (without use of exposed 3.5" drive bay)
- 3.25" Drive Bay: 6 Hidden, 1 Exposed (with converted 5.25" drive bay)
- I/O Panel: 2x USB 2.0, 1x eSATA, 1x MIC, 1x Audio (supports HD / AC97 audio)
- Expansion Slots: 7 +1
- Cooling System:
- Front: 140mm x 25mm Blue LED, 1200 RPM, 19dBA
- Rear: 120mm x 25mm, 1200 RPM, 17dBA
- Top: 140mm x 25mm, 1200 RPM, 19dBA (supports 2x 140mm / 120mm)
- Bottom: 2x 120mm (optional)
- Left Side: 2x 120mm / 140mm (optional)
- Right Side: 80mm x 15mm (optional)
- HDD Cage: 120mm (optional
- VGA Holder: 80mm x 15mm (optional)
- Power supply: Standard ATX PS2 / EPS 12V (optional)
The box the CM690 II Advanced comes in is sturdy. The artwork on the case is simple with a dramatic shot of the case on the front, specs and features on the side, and some case images on the back.
The case is protected with foam end caps and wrapped in plastic.